Nothing ensures the success of a senior dining operation like a well-trained staff, and nothing ensures your success in this fast-growing industry like having the right skills. The SDA offers industry-leading training opportunities for old pros and beginners alike. Whether you want to learn a new job, polish up a few rusty techniques, or catch up on the latest in industry trends and best practices, our expert trainers will have you doing a great job.
Maybe you’ve finished orientation at your first job as a chef or dining director, or maybe you’re an old pro with decades of experience. Either way, you’re not done learning.
Senior Dining Association training for dining directors and chefs will keep you at the top of your game, teaching you best practices, filling in gaps in your culinary education, and showing you where your industry is headed in 2019.
Chefs and dining directors are some of a senior community’s most important team members. Dining is your community’s biggest selling point—and its second biggest expense—so the success of your dining program may well determine the success of your community.
Here are a few of the areas we cover in continuing education for dining directors and chefs:
· Menu Development. We show you how to increase choice without increasing cost.
· Cost Control. A lot goes into managing your program’s bottom line. Topics here include purchasing, waste reduction, overproduction and evaluating staffing patterns.
· Leadership Development. Your success depends on your staff and your colleagues. Learn how to inspire your staff and communicate more effectively with other department heads.
· Improving Consistency. Inconsistencies in your program hurt your residents and your staff alike. Learn how to correct and prevent inconsistencies.
· Systems Development. Learn how to develop systems that boost your understanding and effectiveness.
Please join us in 2019 and let us show you how to make your dining program a happier, more efficient and more profitable place.
Area Business Development Manager
Clark Foodservice Equipment
CSM, National Sales
Dining is the most important—and the most criticized—area of a senior community, yet executive directors rarely have an adequate understanding of their dining operation.
To put it bluntly, running a dining program is completely different from running a building. If you want your community to be successful, you need to know what makes a dining service both popular and profitable, and you need to put systems in place to better monitor and manage your dining program.
Dining is your community’s second-largest cost, but how do you know if that budget is being used wisely? How do you know that your dining program is doing everything it can to put your community in a positive light? And how do you know whether you have the right people on staff to accomplish your goals?
Senior Dining Association training for executive directors gives you the background you need to ensure a successful dining operation.
Training for executive directors prepares you to:
· Improve dining standards.
· Make the most of your food budget.
· Review and improve meal plans.
· Establish systems to better manage your dining program.
· Hire and retain better staff.
· Market your dining program.
When you understand your dining program, you become a better leader, able to make your residents and your management happier. On top of that, potential residents will be curious to know what it is that makes your community so popular.
Copyright © 2017 - 2020 Senior Dining Association inc. - All Rights Reserved.